Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Bowling Green McCoy Academy!
McCoy Academy promotes proficiency for all students by nurturing critical thinkers with a passion for learning, guiding students to be caring and culturally aware, and developing confident individuals who will become well rounded, proactive members of society.
We strive to attain this vision by providing a rigorous, standards based curriculum with Efficacy and Lifeskills education embedded into all aspects of learning. Teachers in grades 1 -6 loop with students for two years allowing for the development of a culture of high expectations for student learning and accountability for all staff members.
Bowling Green Elementary has been a dependent charter since 1993. The charter was developed to provide staff members with a flexible environment for teaching. Students benefit from this flexibility by being offered a wide variety of learning strategies and a foundation of character development based on efficacy and positive behavior skills.
- Opportunities for student and staff success are provided through:
- Project GLAD
- Integrated Thematic instruction
- Monart Art
- Character Education through the Lifelong Guidelines and LIFESKILLS
- Staffed library time
- Collaboration within looping cohorts as well as grade level teams
- Site based decision making process based on the charter governance
- Strong committees to support extracurricular activities and events
- Conferences with families during the first two weeks of school and throughout the year
- Opportunities for Performing Arts and field trips